E-commerce Website Development
Selling online is about one thing and one thing alone. Trust.
If your ecommerce website isn’t promoted well or optimised for search engines then people won’t find it. If its advertising is badly done, people won’t see it.
If the name is wrong and there’s too much competition then people won’t stumble across it.
However if your name’s good, you have great PR, the search engines love you and your in a great and profitable niche market that means thousands of people
come to your ecommerce store you can blow it in seconds if people don’t trust you.
The frustrating thing is this decision is made in the first few seconds, and certainly the first few pages.
How to make people buy from your Ecommerce store
- Design: If your ecommerce site looks cheap and shoddy then people will be scared off.
- Speed: if it’s too slow. One of the major reasons for visitors leaving any website.
- Well structured: if your site is difficult to navigate. People should be able to find anything within 3 clicks or less or you risk them leaving
- Slick and easy to use shopping cart, keep it quick and simple. Capture the marketing data after the sale, their money is more important than knowing how often they shop online!
- Make sure your ecommerce site works on all browsers and all platforms, a great shop that doesn’t let people on an IPad check out may as well not be there!
- Accessibility: Not everyone has the same abilities, so make content clear and the site useable by screen readers etc. At the very least make sure it resizes well if people need a bigger view.
- Tell customers who you are, making sure there are a physical address and telephone number on the website – and not a mobile number. People want to know you’re a real business with real people.
- Using a well-known payment provider such as SagePay, Lloyds or PayPal gives the user confidence
- Good photography and product descriptions show you know about your products and you’re not just a “box shifter”
- Show off reviews and testimonials, people trust people!
These are the basics that your ecommerce store has to comply with if you are to stand any chance of succeeding online.
We can offer completely bespoke ecommerce solutions that can link to you accounts software, Epos systems and in house databases. We can host your site in world class datacentre’s used by Tesco’s and the MOD and let you benefit from a team of dedicated developers and marketing experts that will strive to make your store a success.
Tandem Solutions has years of experience in creating reliable, robust, attractive and professional ecommerce stores that routinely sell tens of thousands of pounds online every week.
Get in touch